God grant this quarantine will not last long, and the pandemic will pass. But this crisis has shown that we have all the opportunities for remote work and for doing business without leaving home.
The ability to work remotely appeared a long time ago. Back in 2010, Microsoft got a remote desktop. Shared file server and SharePoint-based enterprise portals.
But all this could be used only by large business. Because the license for Windows Server is not cheap.
Over time, the web has evolved, and now we have many online services and online platforms. They allow you not to meet in person, but to conduct joint remote work. Freelance and large cities began to develop, began to attract workers from the province. At the same time, companies saved salaries for these workers, since they did not need housing in the city, they did not spend time on the way to work and for lunch.
But this pandemic, this quarantine, led to a small business crisis. And everyone who does not know how to adjust and start doing business online, everyone will leave the market.
Yes, services that can only be used personally offline will have to be abandoned, but commodity businesses can continue to work, they can sell. All businesses for development services and marketing now only the other way around will benefit if they know how to work remotely.
If you have not yet switched to remote work and have not opened your representative office on the Internet. This is your last chance. Consider the tools for remote work and how you can quickly transfer your business to online.
First, we determine what functionality we need to work from home. And then we will choose from existing programs one that contains the maximum number of these functions or integrates with other tools.
1. Cloud file storage. The world has long switched to electronic document management, electronic payments, but for some reason still in some offices there was a good old file hosting service on its server, and not in the cloud. And when I switched to work at home, I immediately had the problem of access to files. Therefore, it is so important to have a document repository in the cloud.
2. General chats of the company – remember what is an office – these are constant planning meetings, meetings, meeting rooms – joint video calls – this is a sign of a modern company in working conditions from home.
3. Monitoring the execution of work. All these openspace were aimed not at frequent conversations between employees, but at the control of employees. How to do it when everyone is at home by the refrigerator, TV, and even with his family. In fact, freelancers have long known how to motivate themselves to work at home and the truth is simple: “The customer needs a result, and the performer needs payment”, but the boss will be to blame for the failure to meet deadlines, so he must control the execution of work on time and he needs a reference tool projects and tasks.
4. To control the execution of work also includes accounting for working time and timers in tasks.
5. Well, and most importantly – when leaving for homework, the employee must have access to the customer base. Access to the ERP system can of course be provided remotely, but this does not solve the problem of calls, mail, instant messengers. The chief cannot control where the client writes to the manager, whether the manager answered all the letters, whether he agreed to work without the participation of the company itself. Therefore, its own CRM system with a history of all communications is already a requirement for a successful business, and not an additional point of growth.
6. And of course it looks strange in the modern world if the company still does not have a website. Maintaining social networks and a personal brand of a businessman is cool, but if customers can’t come to your store and buy goods, and you don’t have an online store, I’m shocked.
But suppose you still find yourself in this situation.
And all these online business tools you need to find and quickly configure for your company. What program or service gives us this opportunity?
Bitrix24 – combines all of these tools, quickly deployed in the cloud, and most importantly has a free tariff.