How high satisfaction gives to hear own loud, great sounding voice supported on the diaphragm. When your voice can be heard from afar, and you can still louder and louder. Do you ever worked on your diction and voice? Do you speak clearly and fluently? Do you modulate your voice? Ask bystanders what they think about your style of speaking. If you're not an actor or a singer, it is a good chance that it is something to work.
Let's get to the practical part. How to begin to train those all aspects of it how we speak?
1. Diaphragm. In people who have never practiced their voice, his source is typically located in the throat. By this our voice is shallow, we can't scream too loudly, and when we have a runny nose, it's hard to understand us. If you want to involve the diaphragm to speaking and singing, you need to do some work on it. At the beginning, take a few deep breaths and pay attention to your body. Rises the upper part of the chest and arms or belly? If the latter, breath was taken from diaphragm. Practice breathing in this way.
Now, when you can knowingly breath with your diaphragm, take deep breath, pull as much air as you can, hold on a moment, and then slowly exhale through the mouth. Exhale to time when your lungs are empty. Repeat this exercise 15 times. After this activity you should hear first changes in the method of making your voice.
Next exercise that you should try is lying on your back with a few books on your belly, and breathing in such a way that your diaphragm is working. In this pose start slowly inhale the air, again hold on a moment and exhale to the end. The best, practice this activity a few minutes a day.
2. Voice. Trained diaphragm give us more opportunities to voice, but still we can't talk and sing clean enough and we don't have the appropriate scale.
To begin to change that, search voice warm-ups in the web, these exercises gradually increase your voice opportunities, and when you're playing with your voice you find out how it's all works. Remember to breath with diaphragm and control the sounds which you're making, so as not to falsify and don't build bad habits.
Before voice practice, warm-up your body, jump a few times, do some push-ups, stretch your neck and make some funny faces. Relaxed face and neck are helpful. Regarding falsify, which at the beginning may be quite frequent, better not sing at all for some sound than sing it wrong.
3. Diction. Again, you will learn some exercises, this time to improve pronunciation. For explicit speaking responsible are facial muscles, tongue and lips. So we need to train the them.
31. The first exercise consists in placing tongue against the teeth and staggering the slow wheels between the teeth, gums, and cheeks. Perform 10 turns to the left and 10 right. You should feel working the muscles of posterior mandible.
32. Tongue twisters. Read it slowly and with exaggerated diction, over time, increase the speed. You can use examples below.
A bitter biting bittern
Bit a better brother bittern,
And the bitter better bittern
Bit the bitter biter back.
And the bitter bittern, bitten,
By the better bitten bittern,
Said: "I'm a bitter biter bit, alack!"
I saw Susie sitting in a shoe shine shop.
Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she sits.
Kitty caught the kitten in the kitchen.
I thought a thought
But the thought I thought
Was not the thought
I thought I thought.
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
Tall Ted Thompson parked his traveling turtle tank on Tenth Street in front of Tonawanda Town Hall. Tall Ted's traveling Turtle Aquarium was a big attraction in Tonawanda. Timmie Torlish and his twin sister Trish ran to push their noses against the tanks windows to take a look at the turtles as Tall Ted walked up Tenth Street to talk to the mayor.
When a twister a-twisting will twist him a twist,
For the twisting a twist, he three twines will entwist;
But if one of the twines of the twist do untwist,
The twine that untwisteth untwisteth the twist.
How much caramel can a canny canonball cram in a camel if a canny canonball can cram caramel in a camel?
33. Reading with cork stoppers from wine in the teeth. We put the cork vertically between your teeth and slowly, as clearly as possible to read some text. Then pull the plug and read normally. Note the difference.
34. Reading aloud. The method requires the most time, is the slow, clear reading anything, books, magazines, or this site. Decide yourself that each of our new article will be read aloud and attention to diction. Read aloud at least 10 minutes a day, it is the most durable exercise because we don't need a cork and is the most natural.
Good luck and remember to share your progress! ;)